Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a job that I was able to fully automate about 3 years ago. Leaving me with about 7.5 hours a day to sit and scour the Internet. I have asked for additional duties in the past but the big guys just seem to give me meaningless busy work or get irritated and think I am just barking for a raise. So I stay put and surf the web and dream about what the next step will be for my current project. Its nice to be able to sit back and really think out the next phase so I a def not complaining. Anyways, I have a solid plan for my next two projects but I was wondering if anyone had any advice on a website or two that I can read up on wood working? I have pretty much covered a majority of this forum so now I want to read more thats out there. I prefer written articles over video as it is a bit much to play my speakers while others actually have work to do. And I am a beginner at wood working so anything really technical may go right over my head. I am open to anything. Thanks in advance.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
I've learned more from the past archives on here than anywhere else......too many of the other websites take their ideas as gospel rather than one way to approach woodworking. Now too bad you can't just move your shop into your office. Lol.

·
Registered
367 Posts
the wood whisperer is a good site.
and lol at your job situation. I was in a similar one the last place I worked, used a lot of that down time to study and get certs to get a better (in this case better means higher pay) job. I hated moving on as the company and my boss were great to work for, I was jsut to bored and needed a higher paying job.

·
Registered
431 Posts
So I have a job that I was able to fully automate about 3 years ago. Leaving me with about 7.5 hours a day to sit and scour the Internet. I have asked for additional duties in the past but the big guys just seem to give me meaningless busy work or get irritated and think I am just barking for a raise. So I stay put and surf the web and dream about what the next step will be for my current project. Its nice to be able to sit back and really think out the next phase so I a def not complaining. Anyways, I have a solid plan for my next two projects but I was wondering if anyone had any advice on a website or two that I can read up on wood working? I have pretty much covered a majority of this forum so now I want to read more thats out there. I prefer written articles over video as it is a bit much to play my speakers while others actually have work to do. And I am a beginner at wood working so anything really technical may go right over my head. I am open to anything. Thanks in advance.
I found this site to have some interesting articles:

http://www.wwgoa.com/articles/getting-started/

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ryan: Thank you I love watching his videos on utube when I head in forthe night

Tito: you described my situation to a T

CPS: thank you, opened the link and the first article 7 router tips that are a must have! I am sold!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.