Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I have been looking for a week now to find which table saw I should get. At the current time I have a 10" Grizzly contractor table saw which is 7 years old and kinda off.

I have two saws which have been driving me crazy. The main reason is that I have heard the shop fox fence is very very good? Any ideas can you guys compare and tell me which one you would pick..

See the pics below the large one with extensions does not have a shop fox fence. The small unit has a shop fox fence. The reason I like the large unit with extentions is that I can also use one extensions for a router table.

Which would you pick????? Please vote and let me why??

http://grizzly.com/products/12-Table-Saw-Pro-Cabinet-Style-5-HP-Single-Phase-220V/G5959
Or
http://grizzly.com/products/12-Extreme-Series-Tablesaw-Single-Phase/G0605X

PS: I like grizzly as I have used grizzly equipment for years..

Attachments

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
I'm afraid my reply is going to muddy the waters further. I'd view the fences as being pretty similar. The UHMW plastic faces on the SF Classic are more prone to "waviness" than the aluminum faces on the newer fence. The UHMW plastic can be machined or shimmed flat if need be so it's not much of a concern to me...just a possibility.

The G5959 has two cast iron wings, the G0605X has one. The G0605X is really a sleak "looking" machine, but from a glance, the G5959 appears more substantially built to me. I'm sure there's more to the designs than what I can glean from a picture, and there may be no correlation to performance whatsoever, but I did want to point out the observation. The more advanced design of the 0605 with riving knife and digital readout are pretty intriguing too. I suspect this is really going to boil down to an executive decision based on what's most important to you.

I'd love to hear other's comments.

G5959 trunnions:

G0605X trunnions:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.