·
Registered
23 Posts
iam going to be cutting some laminate 8x4 sheets on my 10" table
saw, what i need help with is which blade should i use to cut these
double sided laminate boards and where could i get them from so that
they would post them to ireland. please help me first big project

:smile: :smile:
hi there AMK, i to live in IRELAND when i need blades i look them up in EBAY and they post, i get them from USA on ebay all the time. Jemmy.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Just about any blade will work, but there are a couple of blades designed specifically for your task.

If you want the cleanest possible cut, a high tooth count blade with a Hi-ATB grind like the Freud LU80, Infinity Ultra, or Forrest Duraline is the ticket....CMT, Ridge Carbide, Amana and others also make them. It's worth noting that the sharp tips from this grind will dull a bit faster than some, but they do offer the cleanest cut in the short term. "Short term" can still be quite a while for a hobbyist...maybe even a couple of years depending on use.

If you're going to be cutting alot of sheets, a triple chip grind (TCG) is more durable. The cut should still be pretty good and will hold an edge longer than any other grind. Freud LU82, LU97, or LU98 are good examples of a suitable TCG.

If you're already got a decent general purpose blade such as a 40T Forrest WWII or a good 60 to 80T crosscut blade, you may find that the cut is suitable with what you've got. You can reduce chipping by using painters tape on the exit side, or by scoring the exit side with a shallow cut prior to cutting all the way through.

HTH,
Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts