Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Nova 1624 started making a variety of odd noises, so I started doing the watch/wait/worry thing--expecting the worst. Even went so far as to email teknatool-friendly btw. Thought I had examined everything, but it all came back to the last thing---the belt.
I'm thankful the lathe kept to one of my favorite rules--- keep it simple
Now it's full steam ahead!!
Dave H

Reactions: Travico

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Here is a link where I get my belts. For the Nova the parts list it as 584 but that is metric, it converts to 23". They have three brands in the 230J6. I have no idea why the A&I is so inexpensive (2.83)as their product tend to be very good...maybe they are closing them out. The Gates is $9.27.
I went with the 230J5 which is five ribs. On my 1624 there is really only five full grooves, the first is only 1/2 so the belt rubs against the pulley and wears (or you can leave one rib hanging off). The five rib is $7.73
http://kscdirect.com/search_results.php?q=230j6

It did take about 10 days to recieve it but my old one was still good enough to get by with.

Reactions: cuerodoc

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, saw that really nice price then figured out the shipping is their cushion. I went for the twofer deal on the other site. Good thing I bought a spare when I got the lathe.
Dave H

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.