Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Recently I came across a box that I really enjoy the look of.
It's called the Una Box and is composed of a Multi swivel system and a sliding mechanism.

The plans in the link below are for a fairly large box I believe. I am attempting to obtain a box that can fit in your pocket or hand as a gift for a family member. Unfortunately my wood working ability is a 0 and isn't going to take off any time soon due to the nature of my apartment

In any case does any know or recommend and woodworkers whom I may contact that may build this type of box for me? I hope I am not breaking any rules by saying this but if any member sees themselves capable and is interested please send me a pm

The link of the "una box" can be found here
http://makezine.com/2010/01/25/weekend-project-unabox-pdf/

Thanks!

·
Drafting Teacher
114 Posts
It would have been easier if they had supplied a parts drawing. The way they have it shown makes it a puzzle to build.

·
Drafting Teacher
114 Posts
Found them like you said. In metric... you can do that one with a jig saw and a drill. Just take your time doing it. That would look good in cedar. I got a ton of it at the house. May give that a try myself after I convert it into inches.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone have any recommendations on a suitable woodworker to hire in the hopes that they may make this for me?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'll probably make one of these this weekend if my shop isn't frozen. They mention they make it for a 6 month old, does that seem dangerous with the small removable Dowell (choking hazard).

The reason I ask is because I'd like to make one for my 15 month old nephew.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts