Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

For the woodworkers in Phoenix, AZ, where do you buy your wood and plywood?

I have been going to Woodworkers Source and they seem OK but I am just wondering if there are better places to go and shop for wood for both pricing and selection.

Also, what are your thoughts of Spellman Hardwoods and Superior Hardwoods?

Thanks - Bob

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've only been to Timber Hardwoods in Mesa, but they're really inconvenient for the weekend hobbyist since their hours are 8-5 M-F. It's hard to make a judgment on price and selection since I haven't been anywhere else. I'll have to check out wood worker's source sometime - a bit of a drive for me but might be worth it.

·
SS user
2,688 Posts
Spellman pretty much likes to deal with large orders. I've bought from them a few times. They refused to cut anything to fit my truck. Of those places mentioned, I prefer Timbers and WW's Source. WW's Source is bit pricey but excellent service and really good selection. I've never tried Superior.
If you try Superior, I'd like to hear how you like it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't tried any of these yet. Superior has great prices compared to WoodWorkers Source but their hours are worse than Timber's. Superior is only open from 7-3:30. However, I hope to try both Superior and Timbers in the upcoming month.

·
SS user
2,688 Posts
I've lived in AZ so long that I forgot that lumber comes from trees.
Judging from the building materials available at most yards and Big Boxes in N. AZ, I'm not alone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts