1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Need wood base like this:
http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/7-x-9-wood-oval-plaque-179788/
I am making aluminum casting sculptures. I am selling them as fast as I can pour/cast them. Currently I have been going to Hobby Lobby and buying the wood base there. Then finish with a coat of stain and some with clear. They do not stock many.

I do not own a router or a saw to cut oval wood bases. Nor, do I have time to buy one, get set up and spend a few hours learning. At this time, I would rather just buy the bases unfinished. (finished would be nice, but cuts into my profit to much)

So I was hoping that some of you could point me in a direction of where I could buy about 10-20 of these. Maybe buy from someone here?? Pine is fine at this point, because no one has asked for any different.

I understand that hobby lobby sells more of a second hand grade and are mass produced, so pricing will be more any where else, and that is fine. Just need some asap!

·
Registered
137 Posts
With a reciprocating saw, a router and a pattern router bit, you could crank out 20 of those in an hour. That would include the learning curve.

·
Registered
137 Posts
That, a saws all, or anything that will get you close to a line traced from a plaque you have. After that, you stick the blank and a plaque together with two sided tape or clamps and trace it with a pattern bit in a router.

And I mis spoke. You will need a second bit to add the fancy profile along the edge.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I live in Florida.

Thanks guys for the replies on where to buy!
Helps out a bunch!:thumbsup:

Merry Christmas to all!!:sorcerer:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts