Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cedar Box Maker
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking at the Grizzly Christmas Sale catalog and I noticed I could not see much difference between the Grizzly 10" Hybrid Table Saw for $795.00 and their 10" Cabinet Table Saw for $1295.00 other than $500.00. Would someone please explain the difference to me.:smile:

·
where's my table saw?
28,580 Posts
other than the $500? :)<D

Power, 1 3/4HP on the Hybrid, 3 HP on the cabinet.
Construction and mass means less vibration in the cabinet saw.
120 V on the Hybrid, 220V on the cabinet.
Usually a better more accurate fence on the cabinet saw.
Larger bearings, easier to align the blade on the cabinet saw.
I have a craftsman 10" hybrid and a 12" Powermatic cabinet saw. There is no comparison, but the Craftsman is a very fine saw for almost all woodworking operations. I could get by with only that saw if need be, but am a table saw junkie. :yes:

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
Thanks for that explanation. Is that pretty much the difference regardless of brands? I'm happy with my Craftsman Hybrid but some day is love to upgrade.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I was just looking at the Grizzly Christmas Sale catalog and I noticed I could not see much difference between the Grizzly 10" Hybrid Table Saw for $795.00 and their 10" Cabinet Table Saw for $1295.00 other than $500.00. Would someone please explain the difference to me.:smile:
in addition to the features noted above, hybrids usually have table mounted trunions, like the older "motor hanging out the back" contractor saws. cabinet saws have cabinet mounted trunions, which make them a little easier to adjust when setting the blade parallel to the miter slot. cabinet saws are also beefier, heavier and have more substantial components.

fine woodworking can be done with either saw.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts