Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have a parks thickness planer and its a powerfull planer but the finishes it leaves alnost requiors a belt sander to clean up , it has way to much snip and it has a lot of tear out.

I dont realy have the time to mess with it anymore so I am thinking of getting a new planer but I dont know what would be good.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I was ready to buy a Dewalt 735 until I checked out a Ridgid.... Cheaper, comes with in/out feed tables, and is guaranteed for life....
Has planed many feet of red oak..... I'm very happy with it....

Sent to y'all offen' a iPad thing......

·
Registered
423 Posts
I love my rigid too and at like 320 bucks wig a harbor freight coupon ya can't beat the price. I have had zero issues with it planning ash oak walnut... Great value I think. Not to mention the lifetime service agreement

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those lunchbox screamers don't hold a candle to that old parks.

Have you went over the settings? that planer should deliver near perfect results.

Bob Vaughn has a 30 minute video on setting up a parks.

If you can't set up a planer, getting a new one isn't going to get you very far.

Thats why I got the parks because I was tired of my lunch box planer. I have ajusted the feed rollers at least 5 times and it works for a while but then goes out of ajustment.

I dont know why it is giving me such a crappy cut. The knives still look good and sharp and arnt visibly chipped but some times leaves lines so there must be some small chips

1 - 6 of 6 Posts