Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
From my perspective, I'm going to use the tool and could care less that it has never been used. I wouldn't pay more just because it's new. When I was looking to buy one on ebay earlier this year 50 dollars seemed like a sweet spot. more important things came up and I never purchased one. But I think at $50 could have found a user within a few weeks.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now I'm torn on what to do.....it appears that I could part it out on ebay and sell it for more.......but that seems wrong to do to a pristine piece.....

·
7,222 Posts
I just have to ask, since it is in new condition, why not keep it?

A router plane is a very handy tool to have available. Lee Valley router plane knives will fit.

I have a Lee Valley router plane and find mine useful.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dave Paine said:
I just have to ask, since it is in new condition, why not keep it?

A router plane is a very handy tool to have available. Lee Valley router plane knives will fit.

I have a Lee Valley router plane and find mine useful.
I considered it....but my hand took skills are rudimentary at best. And in addition, I think there are things I could utilize more....like more clamps. I think I've found that to be my current problem...not enough clamps. And as I did not win the lottery last night, my new 10000 sq ft shop is yet again on hold...lol. So bottom line...I just don't see the use in it for me. I'd rather someone who can either use it...or appreciate it had it....I've decided I can't part it out....just seems wrong...so I think I'll put it on eBay and see what happens.

·
Banned
615 Posts
A fair price is not much more then what you paid for it. Sounds like you want as much as you can get though. In that aspect price what you want to get out of it, if it doesn't sell relist it a for little less.

·
(clever wood pun here)
979 Posts
If you're going to high-ball it on eBay, at least do it as a 30 day fixed price auction with a "Best Offer" option in case someone offers you a reasonable amount that you're willing to accept.

That said, almost everything that I sell on eBay I just start at $0.01 and see where it goes. You'll get lots of views and watchers if it starts cheap and maybe even get a bidding war. This seems to usually be the best way to gauge the actual value of an item--provided that it is listed accurately and well documented. :thumbsup:

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Phaedrus said:
That said, almost everything that I sell on eBay I just start at $0.01 and see where it goes. You'll get lots of views and watchers if it starts cheap and maybe even get a bidding war. This seems to usually be the best way to gauge the actual value of an item--provided that it is listed accurately and well documented. :thumbsup:
I think that's the route ill go....I'm a believer in market economics....

·
master sawdust maker
437 Posts
Care to post us the ebay link? You might end up selling it to one of us. and it will give you more viewers!!

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There was one that I found that sold for 300....now I can't find that one though. It was a uk made one, and the box was like it just came from the factory. Ill be pretty happy of I get 100 bucks....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts