Woodworking Talk banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I made up a list for what I wanted for the family to chose from. Didn't get too overly expensive items, but did want the plywood router bits, carbide brad point drills, jigs for drill dowel holes and the like. Whatever I don't get I'll probably go ahead and buy out of my mad money.

·
Registered
312 Posts
The thing I need most is TIME!

And I'm going to be off all Christmas week to spend in the shop,
that's my best present-time to be in the shop:thumbsup:

·
Registered
273 Posts
I want an elf to clean up the shop, organize the tools, sharpen everything.

I wonder if you can get those in six packs?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Good question, in all honesty i would like a new car, new back and a god dang new refrigerator,sounds like its on its last leg.

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,674 Posts
I would like for lost souls to have their epiphany and accept Christ as Lord and Saviour of their lives.

I would like to be forgiven by all who believe I have wronged them, and for them to know that I don't feel I need apologies in order for me to move on, since I do that anyway.

The future is a wonderful thing because the future is perfect until we step into it and mess it up. Let's try not to make it more messy than what our sinful nature causes, and then let's forgive each other when we feel slighted and realize as humans, we are usually way too touchy and certainly insignificant except in the eyes of God, and only there are we priceless.

I would like for those who suffer in constant pain and anguish both mental and physical to find relief.

I would like to be a better father, husband, son, brother, uncle, friend, and a much less obnoxious poster at times. :glare:

I would also love to have an entire Festool tool colection. :laughing:

Sorry if this has offended anyone. If it has, please forgive me. I am feeling especially cheerful this morning because I am experiencing some significant relief from some significant pain that has been ongoing, relentless, teeth-gritting at times, that has really caused me to reflect deeply on the meaning of life and how blessed we all are. Monty Python did a reflection on that once and they got it all wrong but they but they have much more talent than me to make you laugh about it. :laughing: ;)

Now, please don't allow my serious reflection ruin this fun thread. I really do want some Festool tools!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I would like for lost souls to have their epiphany and accept Christ as Lord and Saviour of their lives.

I would like to be forgiven by all who believe I have wronged them, and for them to know that I don't feel I need apologies in order for me to move on, since I do that anyway.

The future is a wonderful thing because the future is perfect until we step into it and mess it up. Let's try not to make it more messy than what our sinful nature causes, and then let's forgive each other when we feel slighted and realize as humans, we are usually way too touchy and certainly insignificant except in the eyes of God, and only there are we priceless.

I would like for those who suffer in constant pain and anguish both mental and physical to find relief.

I would like to be a better father, husband, son, brother, uncle, friend, and a much less obnoxious poster at times. :glare:

I would also love to have an entire Festool tool colection. :laughing:

Sorry if this has offended anyone. If it has, please forgive me. I am feeling especially cheerful this morning because I am experiencing some significant relief from some significant pain that has been ongoing, relentless, teeth-gritting at times, that has really caused me to reflect deeply on the meaning of life and how blessed we all are. Monty Python did a reflection on that once and they got it all wrong but they but they have much more talent than me to make you laugh about it. :laughing: ;)

Now, please don't allow my serious reflection ruin this fun thread. I really do want some Festool tools!!!! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Well said.:clap:

·
Registered
535 Posts
I just bought myself a Christmas gift and man did I get a deal!!! I have been wanting a PSI Barracuda chuck with the extra jaws. PSI sells it for $170 but Amazon has it for $150 with free shipping. I have an Amazon credit card and they are always sending me $25 gift certificates based on my spending. I had three gift certificates so my final price was $75!!! I got it so I can start turning segmented bowls on my Jet Midi lathe. Merry Christmas to me!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
445 Posts
I would like better health, or better pain relief. ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
For those of you starting out (going off the Hand tool idea), I bought (from Harbor Freight) three digital calipers and love them. Now you may be saying "We're working with wood here, not metal, we don't need to be that accurate." Well I would disagree with you. I used to think the same way, but since buying the digital calipers I find myself using them ALL the time. I love them and have a 4", 6" and 8" set and really can't see myself without them now. I use them for accurate measurements of board thickness, to setting up machines (dadoes, surfacer, etc,). The good news is they aren't very expensive around $15-$20 when they are on sale (which is almost all the time). Put one of these on your list, you'll be glad that you did.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts