Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been subscribed to three for the last year. Two have been ok but the third is not gonna get renewed. Below is the list of three.

Woodworkers Journal
WOOD
This Old House

The last one is the one I was not impressed with. It is geared more to the DIY person. The other two are great for tool reviews and some new products. The WOOD magazine has more projects articles.

Dave.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I subscribe to all of them ,i sit down in the store read them for free and then leave:yes:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Fine Woodworking is the only woodworking one I get. Lots of trade pubs though.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Woodsmith and Shopnotes. I have been getting Woodsmith since they began and have every edition. Shopnotes I'm 6 mags shy on the full set.
I get all kinds of special offers for all of them and once in a while will subscribe but usually let it run out.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well I have read or scribed to most of 'em listed here ..
Currently it's on Pop Woodwerking and just got my last issue of TOH , will not renew it either ..
American Woodwerker is one I'll probaly start up again ..
My problem is reading time ..

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ran the gamut of magazines early on in my "career", but as I've gained experience, I've only kept my subscription to Fine Woodworking. It still contains some articles that contain helpful material.

·
Registered
12 Posts
fine woodworking
american woodworking
popular woodworking
fine homebuilding
i dont subscribe to them as im in northern ireland but buy them as and when i can.
uk mags
furniture and cabinet making
the woodworker
good woodworking.
all said and done the american mags are vastly superior in there content and projects.
it would be interesting to know if anyone else aggrees.

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,674 Posts
garyni I can't answer your question because I have never even seen a European woodworking magazine.

No one here mentioned it but you are all missing out on a fantastic magazine and that is Woodshop News. I highly reccomend it. It is geared toward the professional woodshop, but it is great even if you are not a professional.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts