Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm making a cubical box with a lid. Each edge has been cut with a 45 degree angle and each side will be attached forming a cube. The only problem is finding the right hinge to make one of the cube's face a door. I've seen a cube furniture online that has the same type of 45 degree angled cut and they used a hinge that is exactly what I want. However, I do not know the name of this hinge nor do I know where I can get this hinge. I've tried Home Depot and other related stores, but it looks like I have to special order this type of hinge. If anyone knows what the name of this hinge or know where I can get it, I would greatly appreciated it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips! Anyone know where is a good place to find the full overlay concealed euro hinge in stores?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks alot!

From your help, I was able to find the name of these hinges. They are called mitred hinges. Several companies sell these types but they all have description for the door thickness that is maximum of 55/64 in. The door for my box is 1.5 in.
There is one type of hinges at Lowes that works but instead of open 90 degree. My door can only be opened 30 degree due to its thickness. Richelieu 1-1/2-in x 1-1/2-in Satin Nickel Surface Cabinet Hinge
http://m.lowes.com/product?langId=-...0051&productId=3576254&store=2842&view=detail

I wonder if I would have the same problem with these types of mitered hinges due to the door's thickness? I greatly appreciate your help.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts