Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fitting a plywood deck piece in the bow of my boat - compound curves with the "V" of the bow and the tapered sides. Cut to shape from a template and now doing the final fitting. Any ideas for a material to put on hull sides that will transfer to "high" spots on deck piece so I can trim them off? Or, something to go on the plywood that will rub off at the "high" spots?

·
Registered
344 Posts
minuteman62-64 said:
Fitting a plywood deck piece in the bow of my boat - compound curves with the "V" of the bow and the tapered sides. Cut to shape from a template and now doing the final fitting. Any ideas for a material to put on hull sides that will transfer to "high" spots on deck piece so I can trim them off? Or, something to go on the plywood that will rub off at the "high" spots?
Chalk

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, that did the trick. Actually had to go to three stores to find some - I guess a sign of the times - used to see chalk all over the place.

Anyways, worked like a charm. I have used carbon paper before. Problem was I had to bump the piece pretty hard into the paper to get a mark. Not a problem for a small piece, but I'm working with almost 4'x4' with not much room to slide back and forth.

Appreciate the input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts