Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a newbe trying to get into woodworking. Some projects that I plan on getting done include a small entertainment center, desk for bills, laptap, books, etc, and a toy chest. There's others but these are the main ones.
I have an old circular saw that works pretty well and a router, some clamps. I'm sure what I have can do pretty much any of the above projects I mentioned. But I like to make them look professionally done and I know some tools can make things easier. I'm leaning to get a table saw like the Ridgid 4512 from Home Depot. It's gotten a lot of good reviews. I want something that I can move around sence I'm in 24x28 garage. I already have a blast cabinet, large air compressor and our Escape is in the garage only during the winter. A good saw that has good extension, dado compatibility and something that I could build a work center around if I decide to add on to the garage in the future. I've seen some photos of these on the internet and some are amazing. A miter saw is another thing I've looked at but is it necessary? `A sanding table/belt sander is another one that I plan on getting soon. I plan on buying some smaller items to help with drilling certain holes and guides for the circular saw.
Any suggestions are great and excepted. Just looking to see where to begin. What's more important, The miter or the table saw?

Thanks
Andy

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Hi Andy, You've mistakenly posted this in the Hand Tools forum. If you re-post your questions in the Power Tools section you'll get a lot more responses.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hello Andy, and welcome to the forum.
trc65 is right on the posting.

Don't ever pick up a handsaw to make a quick cut or a hand plane to make a piece of wood smoother than a baby's backside.
Otherwise you will be posting in this section a lot more...;)

I know, my some of my power tools have picked up a little dust now.

Again welcome and have a good one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts