Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Fourth one back. What is it? Maybe it's not a plane. The CL add says it's from a carpenter finishers toolbox.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Used both in woodworking and auto body repair for leveling Bondo body filler.
Blade is two sided. Flip it over if the first side has been dulled.
Sometimes referred to as a "float" plane.
Bill

·
SS user
2,688 Posts
Seems that the consensus is that it's a rasp or sander for body work. I have never seen one, but it looks like it would be handy in a wood shop for fairing curved cuts, if the blade(?) were flexible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here are some pics of the tool, "Blue PointBF775A" made by "Snap-on" Have had this tool a long time but quite useless in a wood shop, it was made for shaving lead (and bondo later on) on curved surfaces in body shops and works much like a compass plane.

Wood Beam

Metal

Iron Metal Rust Wheel

·
In History is the Future
6,423 Posts
Here are some pics of the tool, "Blue PointBF775A" made by "Snap-on" Have had this tool a long time but quite useless in a wood shop, it was made for shaving lead (and bondo later on) on curved surfaces in body shops and works much like a compass plane.
Thats the one. It looks like a shurform as Billy stated but I believe it predates them by a bit.

Not particularly useful for wood applications.

I see we have a new member to the hand tools section here! Welcome aboard Ron. Please take a minute to start a thread introducing yourself in the intro section - we are a close friendly group here and try to get to know each other.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts