Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been trying to find the right set of coke jaws and can't. I don't know much about them so I have just need getting confused.

I have a PM90 lathe with the gap bed. So where the chuck is, I have a 17" swing cap and 12" over the bed. What set of jaws will work the best for this? I have a technatool nova chuck and a PSI barracuda chuck that I need to get the spindle adapter for.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I have the barracuda 4. I bought the extra size jaws to use with it and have no complaints. You can get the tall/long inserts that screw in to hold the rims of bowls (actually they have sets of assorted sizes) while you do the bottom work.
Word of caution, the PM lathe slow speed I think is around 500ish, so when you are working the bottom, think I'd snug it up with the tail stock to keep the bowl from flying off (some things I just know..:yes:)
Dave H

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help!

I know the lowest speed seems way to fast for rough bowls. The lathe dosent even shiver though! It stays rock solid so my only real worry a are the tennon breaking or the jaws coming loose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts