Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm drawing up plans in Sketch Up to build a storage box for my new plane colection and I don't have a Stanley 60 1/2 Plane yet to take measurements, but want to make room for one.

The measurements I have may be the box size because I have 7.8x3x3 and I don't think that's correct.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
It is six inches long, one and a half inches wide and not more than about two and quarter tall (probably closer to two). I'm guessing here because it's way to cold to walk the 50 yards out to the shed to check!

Here's the description of it from The Superior Works, but it doesn't list a height.

·
Registered
5,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK then the dimensions I have are defiantly the box size. That's actually better because things weren't working out with the box size Thanks.

·
Registered
5,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My #60 1/2 is 2" high.
Thanks Don,

Thanks I needed it to figure out how to make a swinging shelf for my block planes inside a drawer filled with my plane collection. I’m going to have 2 block planes setting on top of a floating shelf that rotates from side to side so I have access to the planes below. Hopefully I don’t buy any more planes because I just don’t have room.
I’m still working on my planes but this is what I got so far.

I also decide to make a hole new drawer and maybe use dovetails to make it look a little nice than I have now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts