Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have been lurking for a while, just decided to finally join yesterday.

It would have been several days ago, but typing "google search" in the "how did you find us" question on the registration page flags you as spam I think.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Blame Pinterest. :p

In a way I'm kind of kidding but then again, I'm not. A neighbor discovered Pinterest then asked me if I could lend her the tools necessary to build whatever she found. Once she priced the project she shied away from it but I think a site like that sort of gives people ideas of easy crafts and some that require basic woodworking tools. I'm sure I'm not entirely right here, but that can only help increase the member base here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Blame Pinterest. :p

In a way I'm kind of kidding but then again, I'm not. A neighbor discovered Pinterest then asked me if I could lend her the tools necessary to build whatever she found. Once she priced the project she shied away from it but I think a site like that sort of gives people ideas of easy crafts and some that require basic woodworking tools. I'm sure I'm not entirely right here, but that can only help increase the member base here.
I'd be lying if I didn't say Pinterest didn't have at least an indirect cause on my new desire to start woodworking. Mostly, it was SWMBO pinning stuff on our board "Project Ideas for Dave."

I can now thank Pinterest for a mile-long honey-do list.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.