Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
My guess and mind you just a guess would be to hold a dust bag back and out of the way, should you decide not to connect a vacuum to it. Run opposite direction from that picture, looks like it has a little round connector where the vac port is...just a guess

·
Registered
212 Posts
My guess and mind you just a guess would be to hold a dust bag back and out of the way, should you decide not to connect a vacuum to it. Run opposite direction from that picture, looks like it has a little round connector where the vac port is...just a guess

Cancel that, another photo of it from the Rockler site, third picture down shows it installed, looks like it's a hold down for the guard, probably to keep it from coming up off the board, a little spring loaded action I assume.

http://www.rockler.com/how-to/cabin...fessional-cabinet-patented-safe-brake-system/

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cancel that, another photo of it from the Rockler site, third picture down shows it installed, looks like it's a hold down for the guard, probably to keep it from coming up off the board, a little spring loaded action I assume.

http://www.rockler.com/how-to/cabin...fessional-cabinet-patented-safe-brake-system/
No, I don't think that's it either. The guard still moves up freely while the wire stays snapped in place in the back. I'm going to Woodcraft today so I'll ask them and post back here in case anyone wants to know.

·
Registered
722 Posts
It's a limit guard that won't allow you to feed stock that is thicker that the blade is high. So that stock doesn't get stuck between the blade guard and the table/blade.

image-709539170.jpg

·
Registered
212 Posts
No, I don't think that's it either. The guard still moves up freely while the wire stays snapped in place in the back. I'm going to Woodcraft today so I'll ask them and post back here in case anyone wants to know.
Maybe a hold down to keep the plastic guard from moving side to side so it doesn't get into the blade and come flying apart.

edit: never mind I see Ttharp posted while I was typing with the correct answer...lol..you know this might be a fun thread, we could call it... Name that part...lol...be interesting to see different guesses

1 - 9 of 9 Posts