Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

The WEN Band Saw includes a 3-in-1 Dust Port to fit a variety of dust collection hose sizes (1-3/4, 2-3/4, 4 inches).
I have a shop Vac but the 2 1/2 does not fit.
I bought a 4 to 2 1/2 reduce and it fid not fit the dust port.

Any idea what hose size I need?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
use your wen bandsaw to cut a reducing washer is the simple fix
cut a friction fit hole for the vacuum hose, then a jam in fit for the 4" port
secure with a couple short screws if needed
3/4 plywood would probably work fine

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
I have a shop vac and standard shop vac hoses. Most of my tools seem to have a port that is an exact match for the shop vac hose. They "butt" into one another.

I have several of these, one per tool. The rubber end with the hose clamp stays on the tool, and the shop vac hose fits perfectly inside the hard plastic part. I move the shop vac from tool to tool as needed.

https://www.rockler.com/rockler-2-1-2-to-2-1-4-conversion-port

·
Registered
98 Posts
I built a Dust Deputy system for my tools but I discovered there does not seem to be a port size standard. I went with a Rockler vacuum hose kit. My Dust Deputy had a hose that connected to my ShopVac and the Rockler hose kit connected to the Dust Deputy, those components connected easily because they all used the same connection standard. I discovered I need adapters for most of my tools.

My Rikon band saw port also butts to the hose connector.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’ve had to make adaptors for most of my machines - they’re pretty simple to design and run on my 3d printer. You can design them so the hose is pointed exactly where you need it -

1 - 7 of 7 Posts