Woodworking Talk banner

What do you use for dust collection?

6K views 47 replies 21 participants last post by  Leo G 
Only way to get quality dust collection is use quality dust collectors. Buying a HF collector will work, but you get what you pay for. Although with all the reports on this collector it seems to be a pretty good deal for the money.

A separator is a great idea, keep the fines out of the filters. That keeps the airflow in the system, and airflow is key to good dust collection.

Next thing is to duct all of your machines. In a mobile shop that can be difficult. But to have to attach the collection everytime you want to use the machine means you are going to have dust, because you aren't going to do it everytime. How do I know this? Because I have mine permanently ducted and sometimes I get to lazy to push the button to turn on the DC.

Yes. But it may allow the motor to draw to much current. Check the electrical plate for running current and if it exceeds that with the new bag setup you could damage your motor.

I see that some people on line have eliminated the bags altogether and just ducted it out side without problems.
Depends on your motor. Some motors can draw twice the plate current and heat up to much and melt the insulation and let the magic smoke out. Others don't have any issues.

I vent my Oneida Dust Gorilla outside without issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.