·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know there is a convenience to using the mason jars. I use a detail gun like the one below, for small or detail procedures. It has complete adjustments for air/mix/flow, and can put out a varied pattern, with sufficient coverage. This one is a HF model, less than $10.
Update: I found the gun. I seen you linked to Harbor Freight and am looking at it now. Thanks.

Wow! That's pretty cheap! How hard is it to clean and what is the brand and model number?

I'm liking the mason jar idea as I will be switching paints in and out but I also like the looks of what you posted.

·
Old School
24,017 Posts
It may be a rebadged version of other models, like DeVilbiss or Binks, which I also have and it looks and performs the same, and a lot less cost. Their version is called Central Pneumatic, I think. Very easy to use and handle with the top mounted trigger. Cleaning is also very easy. What I like about it is that it can spray a pattern like a full size gun, or a very narrow pattern. The pattern can be changed from round to oval to flat. For the money it's a pretty good deal.

I've sprayed oil base, lacquer, and water base poly with no problems.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wonder if I can get a lid for it and get several containers? That way I won't be wasting any paint by putting an amount in then dumping it out to switch.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I wonder if I can get a lid for it and get several containers? That way I won't be wasting any paint by putting an amount in then dumping it out to switch.
If you're worried about cleaning... get a Gravity feed. they clean soo much easier..... (I have both types in "hobby" Airbrushes)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What makes them easier to clean? And I assume with those you can't spray downward? What degree can you go to with them?

·
Registered
129 Posts
It appears to be just the size I am looking for. I like the fact the paint holder is mason jars because I can now have several holding paint at once for a small time. Would save me time. I'm also interested in looking at alternatives to this thing.

http://www.amazon.com/Critter-Spray...26-6104414?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1192675680&sr=1-1

My uses will be yard signs and small projects.
I have one of these. I spray glue with it. I never tried paint. I doubt it would work that well with a fine finish. They are cheap though.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I purchased this little gravity feed:

It will be for stencil work but just for today I used it for a larger surface. It worked as I expected and I needed three good coats to cover the area. In the future I'll use the roller for the larger surfaces but today I couldn't help myself and had to play with my new toy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts