Woodworking Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
3001 - 3013 of 3013 Posts

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Chasing down plywood and gathering up lumber in 30 mph winds. I unloaded a trailer full of lumber and stacked it up against a wall not realizing we were going to have wind advisories. Once the winds started, I worried about the plywood, but never would have believed the 2x6s would blow all over the place in the gusts.

OMG I just heard something bad outside, guess I’ll need to put on my hardhat on check. Oh well its too dangerous outside. I saw a piece of metal roofing bounce down the road.

·
Registered
Egg Spurt
2,311 Posts
Awesome day! I took a wrong turn on a road I've traveled many times, went way out of my way before turning around to go collect rent from a tenant then came home! Almost ran out of gas along the way, but did buy a delicious something or another and washed it down with prune juice so i can crap it back out in a day or so!

Reactions: Sleeper

·
Registered
Bah humbug
3,938 Posts
Fixed a fart fan this morning. Bought a new motor several years go and the shaft was too long. Finally took it down stairs and grinder it down. Works like a champ now..

Now I gotta figure put how I'm gonna tackle this
20210304_115339.jpg

·
Registered
Egg Spurt
2,311 Posts
Thus far I woke up, had a cup of coffee and have smoked several cigarettes. I did crack the door to see how cold it was, but plan on cleaning up the shop in anticipation of A. Selling the old saw and B. Ordering the new saw. If the old saw doesn't sell it might end up in the driveway under a tarp.. There's a ton of old saws on CL so it probably won't sell, but I might lower the price again..

·
Registered
Bah humbug
3,938 Posts
I'm gonna look for parts for Acorn brand windows. Brand they used when they built the house. Daughter signed on her house . They officially can move in today. She wants me to have a look at it before I go for a treatment.

2 -1×4×8 rough cedar is almost $8 each...

·
Registered
Bah humbug
3,938 Posts
Trying my best not to burn my 3 yrs old granddaughters pancakes. She is a the new quality control. I can't wait till quality control shows me how to wash dishes:)
20210306_083550.jpg
20210306_083913.jpg

·
Registered
Bah humbug
3,938 Posts
Changed oil in the car. $40 5 quarts of Mobile 1 synthetic and a Wix filter. WOW...

Gas may have went down, but oil didnt...

·
Registered
411 Posts
First proper project in probably 2 years. Work has been getting in the way. Built my mom a pantry cabinet to put next to her fridge to close it in. 8' tall, 22" wide, birch ply shell, oak face frame and shelf caps. Thing is probably way overkill, and weighs probably 200 pounds, but it won't fall apart like store bought cabinets either. I climbed in it and it didn't budge, and I'm ~210lbs...

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Extra flooring had a rubber type backing, put a few together flipped over thinking it would make a good sanding surface?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Springs just about here!

Looks like I might have overtime til the end of the month at least. I'm just working. No time for the shop. I'll lay off the OT when the nice whether shows up. Than i need to finish teaching my kid now to ride her bike!

·
Super Moderator
4,092 Posts
Part One is closed to further postings - see Part Two if you would like to add a post.

3001 - 3013 of 3013 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.