Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

What project did you use them for? What was the brand/cost/where did you purchase?

If you used another solution such as lag bolts I would like to hear about it also.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Hello,

What project did you use them for? What was the brand/cost/where did you purchase?

If you used another solution such as lag bolts I would like to hear about it also.

Thanks!
For my work bench/outfeed table/ assembly table, I used 5/8 inch bolts. I glued two nuts into the legs using Gorilla glue. Then I added a flat washer and a nut.

The table is rock solid. The floor is very uneven. :eek:
Note: The legs are 2x4's trimmed to 3 inches square, glued and screwed together.
Here are a few pics.
Hope this helps.
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For my work bench/outfeed table/ assembly table, I used 5/8 inch bolts. I glued two nuts into the legs using Gorilla glue. Then I added a flat washer and a nut.

Note: The legs are 2x4's trimmed to 3 inches square, glued and screwed together.
Here are a few pics.
Hope this helps.
Mike
That is brilliant thanks!

·
Registered
834 Posts

Here are a few pics.
Hope this helps.
Mike
That's exactly what I did for my workbench also!

Reactions: MT Stringer

·
Registered
930 Posts
I've used several types including the basic bolt design shown however my favorites are the type with the pivoting base since they stay put better on my seriously uneven floor. (I don't know the brand as I bought them on eBay)

·
Registered
930 Posts
It's been a while and the only thing I remember is I bought them used from an individual seller since all the new heavy duty ones I found were pretty expensive (unfortunately I can't even show you a picture of them since they went with my old workbench when I sold it).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.