Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are getting new members all the time. Kevin mentioned one mans trash may be anothers treasure, I am paraphrasing. I have more stuff laying around than is worth listing... but if a fellow member is looking for something and I have it I am willing to work out a swap.
How about if a guy is looking for a small piece of turning stock, small chunk of a certain kinda wood or an old tool/part they list it and we see if we all can work things out that way ?

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I was just thinking small, but it could be bigger, brothers giving leads on local sales/work etc. I am just used to being a small fish in a big pond in the wood business, kinda hard to sell wood to a guy who has his own sawmill. I forget some times we don't all have one :no:. I sure don't have all the old planes, chisels and a decent brace and bit I would like to have. I am looking for old steel.

I guess that is the first post in the wanted section. I will trade curly maple/ old growth 1/4 sawn oak/ wicked walnut.... for your old tools. I am specifically looking for a decent profile plane. I have a top of the line router/bits and table...but. I am weird (?) that takes the fun out of a "handbuilt" piece.

Whatcha got? Watcha looking for? Check out my gallery, I have some decent wood. ;)

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'm fine with people posting wanted items in the classifieds. Would that work?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think this is a good idea. I was just asked today by another BBQ guy for "saw dust" to put in his smoker. Seems alittle too fine for a wood smoker, but that's his call.

Any problem posting Wanted items for non members like in my example? As long as it isn't spam of course.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think this is a good idea. I was just asked today by another BBQ guy for "saw dust" to put in his smoker. Seems alittle too fine for a wood smoker, but that's his call.
Maybe it is one of those little electric smokers. I know my brother used to make jerky in one and he used chips like I sent you. Alot of locals smoke game/foul/fish in those little bitty smokers and they come around here for stuff like that. Not sawdust, that does seem light, but finely chipped wood.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'd like a barter section. Where you can trade items or work for items. I have some cedar pen blanks, would like to trade for some other kind pen blanks. Also I would offer machining or embrodiery up for barter.
What say you all?

Mike

·
Registered
286 Posts
I was just thinking small, but it could be bigger, brothers giving leads on local sales/work etc. I am just used to being a small fish in a big pond in the wood business, kinda hard to sell wood to a guy who has his own sawmill. I forget some times we don't all have one :no:. I sure don't have all the old planes, chisels and a decent brace and bit I would like to have. I am looking for old steel.

I guess that is the first post in the wanted section. I will trade curly maple/ old growth 1/4 sawn oak/ wicked walnut.... for your old tools. I am specifically looking for a decent profile plane. I have a top of the line router/bits and table...but. I am weird (?) that takes the fun out of a "handbuilt" piece.

Whatcha got? Watcha looking for? Check out my gallery, I have some decent wood. ;)
I don't know much about that box elder stuff you had...that is a hard wood right? If so, it would make a wonderful solid body guitar.....whats your take on this?

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Here it is right here http://www.powdercreeksawmill.com/ You would have to ask Kevin about the heart shaped pieces, I think they are VERY VERY RARE, so he may have sold them. But what a flying V those would make.

I'm sure he could scare up a killer slab for a guitar body or 2, even though wood like the one in the slab picture is pretty hard to find.

I personally think that is a great idea, if I'm not mistaken it's in the maple family. How thick is a solid body blank ? 2 1/4" ? I would imagine there are many guitar makers who would KILL for something like that, totally unique. The "starburst" color is IN the grain.

Attachments

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,674 Posts
Yea that heart shaped one I wish I had not sold now that my wife got a lathe; it's arriving any day. I doubt I can ever find another but I always have an eye out for one.

I have stayed in touch with the guy who bought it and he's gonna let me post a picture of it on my website after he turns it for his wife's V-Day present. :thumbsup:

I do have have quite a bit of the RBE harvested and in the shop sealed. I haven't been promoting it been busy frying other fish, but I have still been getting orders for it from past ebay listsings and people whostumble across my website so I am still taking orders.

I Would be happy to try and get you the piece you are looking for. PM me your requirments and I'll go a hunting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
wanted section?

Sounds like a great idea to me...would like to see some really good stuff listed for sale or stuff needed to buy.
I posted a want to buy item on NC woodworker forum a few days ago
that I wanted....no hits so far. I wanted to buy a plunge base for a
Dewalt 616 or 618 router....seems as if none for sale. New price from Dewalt is WAY out of reason in my opinion! eezlock

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.