Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after i get my boat built, can i have it sprayed with linex bed liner to seal it?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a plywood row boat.

·
Banned
3,533 Posts
You're better off just using a marine epoxy to seal it. If you then want to cover it with bed liner, that's an option too. I suspect the epoxy will actually be cheaper too.

·
where's my table saw?
29,627 Posts
sounds great to me

Read this product description....bonds to wood, metal, etc.....:thumbsup:
http://www.nonslipcoating.com/truck-bed-liners.htm
......No single product can be so easily applied to so many different surfaces, for so many different uses... from a truck bed to a ship or boat... from a shower area or swimming pool to a water treatment facility or refinery... from a loading dock to stadium steps or ramps... from a secondary containment area to a roof top... from a kitchen area to helicopter pads or bridges etc..

·
Senior junior member
546 Posts
I assume you are doing ply on frame construction, as you would be taping the seams with fiberglass if you were doing stitch & glue. Taping the seams with fiberglass wouldn't be a bad way to proceed, anyway. In ply on frame construction, the chines should be angled to provide a fairly good seal when the ply is glued and screwed to the frame.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Read this product description....bonds to wood, metal, etc.....:thumbsup:
http://www.nonslipcoating.com/truck-bed-liners.htm
......No single product can be so easily applied to so many different surfaces, for so many different uses... from a truck bed to a ship or boat... from a shower area or swimming pool to a water treatment facility or refinery... from a loading dock to stadium steps or ramps... from a secondary containment area to a roof top... from a kitchen area to helicopter pads or bridges etc..
Better be good at over $100 gallon!
Durabak Original (For Indoors), SMOOTH version - Non Slip Coating, Bedliner, Deck Paint for ALL Boats - Many colors to choose from! - Amazon.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts