Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Awesome Ken. I will have one of these built this weekend. This is very helpful! :thumbsup: I know I'll use the hell out of setup like this. Thank you VERY much for posting this.

Bri

·
Registered
225 Posts
My attempt

Here's a couple of simple little boxes I just got done putting the finish on. I'm still lacking the wax top coat but for photo purposes I don't think it matters too much. Using Ken's idea the best I could with what I had on hand.......I used my 500 watt halogens. dual on the left side and a single on the right. You can bet I didn't leave the room with them on. They cook. On my monitor the images still seem a little dark so I'm all for opinions guys. I did use my custom white balance function on the camera. Its a Canon Power Shot A510. Ken, I can really see the difference a background makes in your photos. As a matter a fact I think the best of the ones you posted is the one with the gray background (third one down). I would have thought white would have been best. I used white, although it doesn't seem like pure white. I'd like to obtain a pure white back ground with all my photos. Suggestions?

I do think these are a huge improvement over my other photos :icon_smile: Thanks, Ken!

Wood Product Hardwood Box Furniture

Wood Hardwood Box Rectangle Plywood

·
Registered
225 Posts
Checked them on my newer laptop and they look great. Must be my old monitor. Thanks Ken! Very helpful thread! :thumbsup:

Bri

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.