Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
This is a bowl I started a few weeks ago. It's actually the bowl that is in the Hunter tool video. I had trouble finishing it because my Bush oil was going bad. It was recommended as a good finish but I don't like it. I'll stick with my lacquer.
This started out as a large blank but the wood had developed a check off center that made it about 8" when I cut that out.

Attachments

·
Registered
484 Posts
John
That bowl is beyond beautiful. Never heard of the finish but I like lacquer too. The work is great and I especially like the wood. I am empressed, even for you John, I think you have outdone yourself again. Mitch

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
That is very pretty, a walnut crotch's figure looks 1000 miles deep in person so I can imagine what it looks like holding it and turning it in the light.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
John,
Nice job. Whoever thought a bunch of grown men would be oohing and ahhing over some guys crotch.:laughing: Very pretty wood. I like lacquer also. Easy to work with and quick drying.
Mike Hawkins:thumbsup:;)

·
Ozark Hillbilly
541 Posts
John,
...Whoever thought a bunch of grown men would be oohing and ahhing over some guys crotch.:laughing: ...
I told the ladies at work that they were enjoying my crotch to much. :)
:laughing::laughing::laughing: You guys are makin' my day... :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Very nice piece, John... :huh: :no: Uh... wait... make that a very nice BOWL, John....

·
Registered
13 Posts
good looking bowl, seems lighter then most walnut i've played with.. and your right lacquer is old school, and still tops for a deep gloss..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts