Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I've never had much luck using the attachment function either. Photos always manage to get messed up somehow. Had one show up side down. :thumbdown:

Considering your use of reclaimed wood, I think you've done a fantastic job! :thumbsup:

Have you considered using a stain instead of paint? A nice Colonial Pine stain followed by a semi-gloss or satin finish would look good in any room.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Great looking shelf! I have the same router and love it. If you are making dados for an uncommon board thickness, take a look at building an "exact width dado jig". Might make dados for reclaimed wood a lot easier!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks C.A. I really like the router too. I watched a video on building an exact width jig when I got it but felt like it was too much work at the time but in hind sight I think it would have made the project easier. So I think I'll build one this winter.

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Again not sure why my images keep getting rotated?
It's almost certainly the case that the sideways pictures are ones where you held the camera vertically. A lot of times I, too, hold the camera vertically (rotated 90 degrees from "normal") in order to allow a tall object or scene to completely fill the shot. In those cases, you'll need to rotate the image later on. I use MS Paint to rotate the image then save the new, rotated image over the old file.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here are the top and bottom hanging cleats, but the middle image is the board I started with for the bottom one. Both were from pallets, I'm pretty sure the top one is pine but the bottom one is really dense hard wood. Anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.