Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Carpenter & Joiner
254 Posts
Hand plane, very nice! Nothing beats a good result with hand tools :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So the case sides, 2 bottom shelves, the top and the side shelves are pine from a media cabinet my neighbor was getting ride of, it was painted black so I planed off all the paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I've never had much luck using the attachment function either. Photos always manage to get messed up somehow. Had one show up side down. :thumbdown:

Considering your use of reclaimed wood, I think you've done a fantastic job! :thumbsup:

Have you considered using a stain instead of paint? A nice Colonial Pine stain followed by a semi-gloss or satin finish would look good in any room.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Jonnie, I've thought about stain but all the other cabinets in the kitchen are painted so we decided to paint it but we may stain part of it.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Great looking shelf! I have the same router and love it. If you are making dados for an uncommon board thickness, take a look at building an "exact width dado jig". Might make dados for reclaimed wood a lot easier!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks C.A. I really like the router too. I watched a video on building an exact width jig when I got it but felt like it was too much work at the time but in hind sight I think it would have made the project easier. So I think I'll build one this winter.

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Again not sure why my images keep getting rotated?
It's almost certainly the case that the sideways pictures are ones where you held the camera vertically. A lot of times I, too, hold the camera vertically (rotated 90 degrees from "normal") in order to allow a tall object or scene to completely fill the shot. In those cases, you'll need to rotate the image later on. I use MS Paint to rotate the image then save the new, rotated image over the old file.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Steve, what weird is that the images flips only when I post them. There oriented vertical in the folder I have them in on my desk top. Any ideas on this scenario?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts