Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Hobby Woodworker
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Bookcase Wall Cabinets are finished. It all started with moving our picture albums and books to the HCH... hill country house. We looked for cabinets which could be purchased and found one without doors or crown molding trim for $ 3,299.99 plus shipping and tax. Well, I get a few woodworking publications and found one which looked good. I made many modifications, adding more depth to fit the large albums... etc. One of the 3 pages for the cut list is attached, which illustrates about 450 different cuts. We now have 59 family picture albums and many books in the bookcase. The next PIK is the cabinet without the oak trim, oak desk top or bottom shoe molding. The final PIK is the finished cabinet. It took about 3 months, a half of a lumber yard and many coats of high end paint. But I have a bride of 43 years very happy... priceless!
( The cut list did not copy)

Attachments

·
Registered
902 Posts
Wow! I think I should say you're truly talented! It's good to use your wood working skills. The cabinet was too expensive. Your own version is incredibly outstanding! You must be proud.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Quality work there and maybe even better than what you'll get for $3k. They're beautiful.

You uploaded a picture of your cut list but it's so small. Is it possible to see a larger one? I'm always curious about cut lists for some reason.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts