Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I bought a Walker Turner 2221 table saw, my first saw. I have been working on it for the last couple weeks sandblasting, painting, taking apart and oiling everything I am finely ready to put the saw back together. I am mounting the motor and the drive shift is not lining up. The motor is too far forward and the belt would be running skewed. I am thinking of putting a washer between the motor mounting plate and the Arbor to ring it out a little further. I did not notice this discrepancy when taking it apart any other suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there hubs on the pulleys, if so can you reverse the pulley so hub is facing out, just a thought.
The belt on the motor is 1/2 inch from the arbor plate whereas the belt on the top pulls is 1 inch from the arbor plate. Being that the belts are fairly loose would this difference affect the life of the bearings?

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
If you are putting all the same parts back together again, something isn't right. With that much angle on short belts, you will go through belts like crazy.

I like Frank's idea of checking to see if a pulley is reversed. Did you have the arbor assembly apart? Could there be an alignment problem there? I can see that you have the motor backed all the way out on it's mounting slots.

Bill

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are putting all the same parts back together again, something isn't right. With that much angle on short belts, you will go through belts like crazy.

I like Frank's idea of checking to see if a pulley is reversed. Did you have the arbor assembly apart? Could there be an alignment problem there? I can see that you have the motor backed all the way out on it's mounting slots.

Bill
Thanks for the response , I never took the pulley off off the motor mount or the arbor. I did find some set screws on the drive pulley that I did not notice before. I took those out and pushed it back so it lined up. It looks pretty good now. There are three belts and I replaced two of them with a link v-belt. It is running really well now with practically no vibration.

Thanks for all of the input! I will put up pictures when I am done. This project really made me appreciate this older machines!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts