Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nobody use the "new" Wagner Flexio HVLP sprayers to handle paint, stain and poly? Looks convenient for shop made furniture/projects.

Blue

·
Registered
26,979 Posts
I've never actually seen one except on TV. I don't see any reason it wouldn't work. I think if you have a compressor you would be happier with a more conventional sprayer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got one when they were on sale at Menards in August. They claim you can shoot any paint without thinning. I shot a few paints through it...no dice. I then thinned with floetrol....no dice. It is quiet I will give it that. In the end I took it back and went back to a good old suction feed gun and compressor. For stain I have a feeling it will suck just as bad. Maybe I have higher standards as I have done a lot of airbrushing and painting of metal etc. It seemed to just heave the paint on to the surface in an orange peel fashion.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I didn't use Flexio but I was using Wagner 518080 Control Spray Max HVLP with acceptable success (if you aware about overspray issues). And you need to tint latex paint otherwise it sprays unevenly (orange peels). I used with latex paint and watebased poly. I wouldn't try to use it with oil based things. Likely you will not be able to clean the gun. Also you need to learn how to use it :) It's not so obvious how to choose air-flow and how it affects paint volume.

Bottom line I will leave it for outside work and buy something better for woodworking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts