Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
where's my table saw?
32,273 Posts
That same model saw was my very first table saw. I bought it with high school graduation gift money when I was 18 years old, 1960. I loved it and used it for about 45 years. It never really wore out, but I did replace the arbor bearings twice. The fence is a rack and pinion system and is pretty accurate, if I recall. I still have the table and the fence. I used the table as a "spacer" on my triple saw setup. It would make a decent "starter saw" for someone or as a second saw setup for dados if there room in the shop? If you have the original brown Craftsman motor, that alone sells for $100.00 on Ebay. I still have two of them, one is a spare the other on my 1/2" spindle shaper. I also have the two cast iron "grid" type side extensions. To sell it, start high, around $200.00 and say "or best offer" and see what happens. The biggest negative is the lack of dust collection, but that's true on many old contractor saws. Check Ebay for the various parts and motors:

·
Interested Observer
1,224 Posts
Old saw like that maybe $50.00. A very good one might net $100.00. Super restoration a bit more. An image like that tells very little about condition, what's included, broken parts, size of motor, condition of motor, what fence and rail system, and other things of interest. The handwheel appears broken. Also, old saws have very few safety features that are common on modern saws. Those bases are a bit sought after. Doesn't mean they are worth a lot of money just that some that like old craftsman stuff want them. I like old craftsman stuff and they don't interest me at all.

·
Registered
29,096 Posts
I was wondering what the value is on this vintage craftsman table saw, it’s in working order but View attachment 443122 needs a little TLC?
The value would vary a great deal around the country. People usually don't buy saws because they are antique, they buy them to use. This one is so small it would only be worth from 50 to 100 bucks in the Dallas area.

·
where's my table saw?
32,273 Posts
That same model saw was my very first table saw. I bought it with high school graduation gift money when I was 18 years old, 1960. I loved it and used it for about 45 years. It never really wore out, but I did replace the arbor bearings twice. The fence is a rack and pinion system and is pretty accurate, if I recall. I still have the table and the fence. I used the table as a "spacer" on my triple saw setup. It would make a decent "starter saw" for someone or as a second saw setup for dados if there room in the shop? If you have the original brown Craftsman motor, that alone sells for $100.00 on Ebay. I still have two of them, one is a spare the other on my 1/2" spindle shaper. I also have the two cast iron "grid" type side extensions. To sell it, start high, around $200.00 and say "or best offer" and see what happens. The biggest negative is the lack of dust collection, but that's true on many old contractor saws. Check Ebay for the various parts and motors:

I owned that saw for 40+ years. It didn't wear out, I just parted it out for the motor and table which I needed for my 3 saw setup.

The value would vary a great deal around the country. People usually don't buy saws because they are antique, they buy them to use. This one is so small it would only be worth from 50 to 100 bucks in the Dallas area.
It's a standard size saw, with a 27" depth front to back which gives a typical crosscut capacity. It ain't "so small" as you suggest.
If the motor runs well, there's really no difference between that and much newer ones other than the rack and pinion fence and those parts are still selling on Ebay. Granted, the base is too small and I would remove it and use steel legs or cabinet style wood base, selling the "vintage" base on Ebay or use it for a grinder stand. It's definitely cool looking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts