Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I saw a video on my pc on the user of the new Bosc compound miter saw. It was demonstrated by a middle age man who I think was a writer for a woodworking magazine. What made it different from all the other videos on this Bosc saw was that it was on the Bosc stand. The man demonstrated on how to cut miter angles. I have been trying ever since to find this site to no avail. Has anyone seen this video and can they tell me how to find the site??

·
7,222 Posts
Not a lot of information.

Which Bosch model? Did you try searching on YouTube?

Sliding Compound Mitre Saw or Gliding Compound Mitre Saw?

I have the Glider, GCM12SD. Nice machine. I am not sure what difference the Bosch stand would make. Mine happily sits on a bench top.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry about the misspelling. It is Bosch. I forgot the H. The model I have is " GCM12SD. It is a sliding compound miter saw. Cost about 900 dollars.

I am brand new to this forum, so I apologize for not knowing all the rules.

My name is Conrad Huard. I am 84 years old. I live in Tavares, Florida, that is in central Florida , not too far from Orlando . My hobbies are woodworking , metal machining, photography , and a few others.

I tried every site I could think of . Saw a lot of videos on this type of saw, but not the one I was looking for. I did not try Utube , but I will. The reason I mentioned the stand is because it the only video that showed it, and had the info I was looking for.

Thanks for keeping me straight.

·
7,222 Posts
The model I have is " GCM12SD. It is a sliding compound miter saw.
That is the same model as my saw. I do not have the Bosch stand, but if you have questions on the saw, I will be happy to try and answer. FYI Bosch call this a "glider" due to the two sets of articulated arms. They are trying to differentiate from their other sliding saws where the head slides on two rails.

·
where's my table saw?
32,239 Posts
or this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.