Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently finished a dovetailed blanket chest as a wedding gift for my good friend. I think it came out pretty nice.

I was able to get it into his house while he was away on his honeymoon. He and his new bride really loved it! It's a great feeling knowing that they will have this gift and cherish it forever.

I made a video about the entire process.
Here's a link to the video. Check it out, and leave a comment telling me what you think:
http://www.eaglelakewoodworking.com/index.htm?BCHST.htm

Best Regards,
John Nixon
www.EagleLakeWoodworking.com

·
Registered
267 Posts
John.
You have alot of talent very nice work thanks for sharing.

Bruce.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John.
You have alot of talent very nice work thanks for sharing.
Bruce.
Thanks Bruce, I appreciate the compliment!

I thought I'd add another picture of the chest from the top. This shows off the quartersawn white veneer used in the center panel of the lid. I like this grain much better than the wild red oak, but it's a good balance I suppose.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well done my friend ,very well done
Charles, coming from you, that means a lot. I've watched most of your videos on YouTube, and I think you're great. I especially liked the way your drawer guides were constructed in the frame and panel armoire you were building. I have some catching up to do with your videos - I've noticed some new ones I haven't seen. You've been busy lately!

I aspire to be as prolific and experienced as you are.

Thanks again Charles,

John

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello John , just an awesome job on that blanket chest . I am into dovetails and this really caught my eye . What clean pins & tails . Thanks for sharing with everyone .

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi there, a lovely job look`s the part. with me being a parapligic here is my effort.
Nice looking chest Jemmy. Looks like you've mastered a decent finish on pine too. I seems to struggle with pine. Your panels looks nice and flat.

Thanks for posting your pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts