Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was asked several months ago to make a video on how I do my CA finish because the way I do it is simple and it just works. The CA issue continues to come up and theres a thread going currently. If I video how I do a CA finish, is there anyone willing to edit the video and send it back to me to post on my Youtube? It would probably be a series of 3 to 5 short videos that would all need edited into one. I havnt the slightest clue how to go about editing a video but I do know how to email one!

Or if someone can point me in the right direction of doing it myself? I just dont know where to begin.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I edit and upload to youtube all the time. I use Movie Maker that came on my system it is easy to use and simple to add clips together. I am loading Sony Movie Studio Platinum this weekend but there will be a learning curve with it.

If you can't get it figured out I would be happy to help.

·
Turning noob
1,817 Posts
Bass i just installed AVS video editor and it seems to be pretty easy to use. I opened a YouTube channel a couple days ago and uploaded a trailer video .. Well the channel was always there, im just now starting to record videos and upload them :)

·
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Ill give it a shot. Maybe Ill learn something!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Microsoft Movie Maker

Bass,

Microsoft Movie Maker is easy to use and best of all it is a free add-on you can download from the windows website. They have a quick tutorial session that will show you how to do exactly what you're looking for. Good Luck.

·
Turning noob
1,817 Posts
mchlhgn1 said:
Bass,

Microsoft Movie Maker is easy to use and best of all it is a free add-on you can download from the windows website. They have a quick tutorial session that will show you how to do exactly what you're looking for. Good Luck.
Windows movie maker always made my videos low quality even though i recorded with 1080p hd camera... Maybe its some setting i couldn't figure out..

·
7,222 Posts
Windows movie maker always made my videos low quality even though i recorded with 1080p hd camera... Maybe its some setting i couldn't figure out..
It may not be the software - it could be the computer.

My wife recorded an HD video then tried to edit on her computer and she was not able to do so in HD. She needed more RAM, at the time the 32 bit operating system could only address about 3.5 GB of RAM.

Later upgrade to Windows 7 and 8GB RAM then she was able to get the software to work.

Then she updated other software, I think Photoshop Creative Suite, and it needed a version of Open GL which was not supported by the video chip on the motherboard - AMD stopped making updates for her "old" video chip.

I had to install a new video card. Now Photoshop and HDVideoPro both are working for her.

I have not activated MS Movie Maker on my new computer, so I have no idea if it supports HD video. HD video is memory intensive.

Bass, I had to get a new computer last week. It comes with some bundled software Cyberlink Power Director Media Suite which includes video editing.

No easy instructions, but I just tried to drag and drop two video clips and it seems to be easy to combine video clips.

Happy to give it a try for you, but let's start with just two.

Let me know if you want me to try, and I will send PM with my off-site email to send the files. May need one of the dropbox type sites due to file size.

·
Registered
557 Posts
My computer is far from top of the line but it still renders out to HD. I have Win7 and when i went to HD the program takes a few minutes to render at the beginning of the edit on each clip loaded after that is done it is just as fast as low res until it saves.

I do add music and text to mine which adds to the load but I am still having no issues with Movie Maker on my laptop. I still am ready to go to Sony Movie Studio though since I do a lot of editing.

·
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When we purchased our laptop, we specifically purchased one that would handle PhotoShop and editing HD photos. My wife never went any further with her photography dreams but I think our computer should handle the video editing. Im gonna download the free program and see what I can make happen!

·
HALL OF FAMER
8,489 Posts
When we purchased our laptop, we specifically purchased one that would handle PhotoShop and editing HD photos. My wife never went any further with her photography dreams but I think our computer should handle the video editing. Im gonna download the free program and see what I can make happen!
If that doesn't work, let me know. I'm not expert (as you can see from my youtube woodworking videos) but I'd be willing to try to put something together for you. You can PM me if you want.

·
Turning noob
1,817 Posts
If that doesn't work, let me know. I'm not expert (as you can see from my youtube woodworking videos) but I'd be willing to try to put something together for you. You can PM me if you want.
What are you talking about, your channel and videos are great :thumbsup:

·
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Thanks for the offer Ken. After all the advice I got, I downloaded MM so Im gonna try and teach myself something before I put it off on someone else. I really appreciate it. Oh and your videos are awesome!!:thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts