Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to design a wall cabinet 88" w and 42" h. I've got the outside walls and top and bottom assembled in sketchup. I'm trying to insert 2 vertical dividers that - in effect - will make 3 spaces in the cabinet. I can't copy an outside wall, because the outside walls are 42", and dividers need to be 40 1/2.

·
Sawdust Wrangler
482 Posts
I want to design a wall cabinet 88" w and 42" h. I've got the outside walls and top and bottom assembled in sketchup. I'm trying to insert 2 vertical dividers that - in effect - will make 3 spaces in the cabinet. I can't copy an outside wall, because the outside walls are 42", and dividers need to be 40 1/2.
There are several ways to accomplish this, you can copy the wall over. You then need to make that one (copy wall) unique and then double click on the copy (so that you see a bounding box and dots on the surfaces. Take the push and pull tool and touch the end of that component and move the end surface inwards (using push/pull) until it fits inside the cabinet the way you want. Then, you can copy that well fitting one over to make the other dividers.

·
Old School
24,017 Posts

We have an introduction section where you can say a few words about yourself. If you fill out your profile in your "User Control Panel", you can list any hobbies, experience or other facts. You can also list your general geographical location which would be a help in answering some questions. In doing that your location will show under your username when you post.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You must have gotten a trial version of Sketchup Pro. The free version is available, I believe it is now called Sketchup Make. If you go to Sketchup.com, click download then select personal projects, it will take you to the download.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts