Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at the Veritas Router plane and the set of blades. With a set of blades measuring 1/16", 3/32", 1/8", 3/16", and 1/4" wide it seems to be able to do narrower lines than the standard router bits. Does anyone have experience with it or heard anything about it?

·
7,222 Posts

·
recently retired
174 Posts
I have several router planes. New, old, Ln, Veritas and Stanley. The small LN is nice, the large- one of the worst tools designed by LN. The Veritas is patterned after the old Stanley's and works as well but no better. The old Stanley's have good depth stop features which the others don't.

My recommendation is to get an old Stanley.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I have several router planes. New, old, Ln, Veritas and Stanley. The small LN is nice, the large- one of the worst tools designed by LN. The Veritas is patterned after the old Stanley's and works as well but no better. The old Stanley's have good depth stop features which the others don't. My recommendation is to get an old Stanley.
I have the Veritas because I never ran across an old Stanley. I didn't consider the LN because It does't allow Stanley cutters.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts