Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm making a small jewelry box for a present for one of my kids. I would like to inlay a medallion with their initial(s) on the top.

I'm searching for a source for this type of medallion. Can anyone suggest such a source?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
veneer madallion with initial

Thanks, I had seen this site but failed to find initials in their list. I found it this time.

I'm going to try to find something a little more elaborate if possible but if I can't, I'll use this source.

This will be inlaid into a jewelry box made from some beautiful old black walnut and I would prefer not to use an inlay made from walnut as I would like more contrast.

Maybe something will show up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Powering a pin nailer

New issue. I frequently find myself reaching for my 23 ga pin nailer to hold a small piece of molding in place until the glue dries (on a cabinet or a small jewelry box). That ususally involves shooting only 2-5 pins. Firing up my shop compressor or even my regular pancake compressor is a real pain for this use. I've tried corded pin/brad nailers but when using them on maple, walnut, or oak, they frequently won't drive the pins.

Any ideas on what to use to drive my pin nailer for this type of use? CO2, small compressed air tank, or other alternative?

·
Registered
766 Posts
I use big honkin rubber bands in multiples, I also make little jigs to conform to whatever the 2 pieces are then use wedges to push the glued ends together

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.