Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,292 Posts
Your subject is "van shelving." Then you write about "levels." Is this level the tool that is used too determine the correct horizontal or vertical "trueness" of an object? I do not know that the door configuration has to do with anything.

If so I have never taken any special actions when transporting a level. A level is generally pretty sturdy and is only subject to damage by dropping from a height.

George

Just lay the level on the floor of the van on a pad of someking (towel, foam,blanket, etc.) that will prevent it from moving around.

George

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well all the people I know who store there levels put it on the top of there shelf what stretches from the back doors to the very front but as I can only have a shelf that's about 3ft because of the side doors I was thinking of putting a kind of rack on the very top of my van for levels, plunge saw rails but was just seeing if anyone has a alternative

·
Registered
13,292 Posts
Why do you want to put the level high? The people who put their levels high are choosing the location that will cause the most damage if the level falls. Dumb.

The idea of PVC tubing is good.

George

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.