Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever done anything with utility wood flooring (oak) other than flooring, walls, or workbenches? bought some to build a chest with but the shortest pieces are 11 inches long...too short in my book and to big of a PITA to glue up to make longer in my book as well. any suggestions? No returns sold as is:thumbdown::thumbdown::furious::no:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Would make a nice chess board/checker board. Leave 32 squares natural, flat black on the other 32 then a satin varnish over the flat black will give it good depth.
make a backgammon board.
make tv table tops.
fire wood :smile:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
paid to much for it for firewood.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
t/g dont think it locks

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'd say you could stagger the boards like bricks to build the sides of a chest, since that's what you mentioned you wanted to make. Pics could help me visualize what you're working with.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I had left over 1x3 birch and as well as 1x2 maple flooring from my living room floor project from years ago; it's still on the shelf waiting to do something. By time I cut off the finish and then cut off the grooves on the back side it leaves me with 9/16" thick. I did make a cute magazine rack for the can but most of it is still too good to burn but too much work to clean up to make something. I know, that's just the Loafer in me talking.:smile:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts