Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
kudos to your wife for a brilliant map and choice of woods. though the good people in angle inlet, minnesota might be a little miffed. i had 3 engineering major roommates in college and a 4x8 whiteboard screwed to the wall. i challenged them to draw a map of usa, they all failed miserably, none got over 30 states. i left out new hampshire and vermont

i've own 2 keyhole bits, both have the plunge function, can't say i've ever seen a non-plunge bit. i'd never do a horizontal keyhole slot, especially in california. i just see it getting bumped or earthquaked and crashing to the floor. kids rearrange pictures all the time with their bodies or heavy footsteps. something that big with a dedicated spot, i'd premeasure studs and locate the keyhole slots there.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
the map really is amazing, no disrespect intended
your wife realized that michigan has an upper and lower peninsula

many maps have donated the UP to wisconsin, they typically make the evening news here

those idiots at fox news gave the UP to canada

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Point Roberts, Washington is certainly an oddity. i've been to west quoddy light house easternmost point in the us, cape flattery westernmost point in the continental us and key west southernmost point in continental us. i drove from seattle to the mackinaw bridge on us hwy 2 and missed my chance at angle inlet northernmost point in continental us, due to my wife wanting to get home 🤦‍♂️

fwiw the ambassador bridge and the tunnel from detroit to windsor both are north/south. south being in canada and north being in usa. i refer to people in windsor canada as my southern neighbors

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.