Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a toy car out of cedar and used white shellac to seal the knots and the rest of the project. After a few days the wood still feels tacky! Is this a problem with the shellac? Maybe it was too old? What can I do to aleviate this tackiness before I try to apply a varnish finish to the project? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I',m installing a new red oak staircase and need to know what type of non-skid poly or varnish is available to finish the steps?
I remember reading an article in fine woodworking on this but cannot which issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am building a new red oak staircase and need to know where I can find a non-skid poly or varnish finish to apply on the step portion?
I can remember reading an article on this in fine woodworking magazine but cannot find the article or remember the issue.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I am building a new red oak staircase and need to know where I can find a non-skid poly or varnish finish to apply on the step portion?
I can remember reading an article on this in fine woodworking magazine but cannot find the article or remember the issue.
I just use the regular water based polyurethane on the staircases that I do. THe stuff is never that slick to begin with. I prefer the Bona Kemi Mega for my floor and stair finishes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts