Woodworking Talk banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
BACON!!!!! You guys are welcome anytime.
as far as entire inventory- hell this is a hobby- You go through quite a few plain boards to find a few spectacular ones. I use all sorts of of small ones in my boxes.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Here ya go Big cat- the pics I promised. This is the best piece of what is left of this board. 3" thick x 18" at mark x 13" on small side. about 14%

Attachments

Reactions: Phaedrus

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Here ya go Big cat- the pics I promised. This is the best piece of what is left of this board. 3" thick x 18" at mark x 13" on small side. about 14%

What is your relative Humidity there mike I like it but I need the wood dry so I can do this, this year

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
What is your relative Humidity there mike I like it but I need the wood dry so I can do this, this year
My relative humidity is very low Roy- but that probably does not count- 3 weeks ago this was on the coast. emc seems to be about 12-13 % on the kiln dried pieces I get from there-after they have set for a while. I pointed out moisture because this piece in my eyes is not quite dry but very close.
Also where I live at this time of year we can get into the low teens and on one dry day a few weeks ago we hit 10%. Just let me know. That curly peice of walnut I pictured in the beginning would make a beautiful stock.

·
(clever wood pun here)
979 Posts
Use this! If you don't, I am going to have to find a use for it--and that will only get me into trouble with the wife!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Woodworking Talk

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Use this! If you don't, I am going to have to find a use for it--and that will only get me into trouble with the wife!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Woodworking Talk
Don't worry Ben- I have plenty more coming at the end of month, M :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Crusader said:
JMartel, sounds like you and I need to do a ride along together over them there hills and pay Mike a visit. :yes: Seeing wood like that gets me all crazy like.

What do you say Mike ! I'll bring cash and some homemade bacon :thumbsup:
Yeah, we need to make a trip. Your bacon better be good. I've been spoiled by farmers market bacon here so regular bacon just won't do. Shoulder cut is where it's at.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Yeah, we need to make a trip. Your bacon better be good. I've been spoiled by farmers market bacon here so regular bacon just won't do. Shoulder cut is where it's at.
I am coming your way last week of month!!!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts