Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well this shotgun was given to me by my Granddad when I was 5 years old, since I have no son of my own to pass it down to one of the son-in-laws who token my last name is going to get it with a huge twist. Good thing he's right handed :laughing::laughing:. I killed my first buck with it when I was 5 so I'm going to remake the stock an put some nice carvings on it.
Mike1950 if you read this I'm looking for some really figures Walnut if you have any this size for this shotgun, better than in the pictures or anyone got any that they are willing to trade for I got some hand tools an Amboyna Burl or if the price is right let me know

Attachments

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
what are the dimensions needed. I just sold a 3" x 5" x 5' piece that was beautiful, m Will 2"+ thick work. How about dark quilted Big leaf??? or curly hard maple??

Attachments

Reactions: bigcouger

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I forgot to say only doing this with HAND TOOLS only no power tools

Mike I'm needing a single piece for both forearm an butt end to be 10" wide x 18" long 8/4 or better if it needs to be 2 pieces one piece for the butt end is 7" x 18" an forearm is 3' x 14"
Mike I love to have some of this one you pictures

Attachments

·
Log dog
7,933 Posts
This is gonna be good!!!!
I'd love to make a new stock for mine. Just don't really know the process. Hopefully this build will help.
I'm subscribing Roy.
Nice pieces mike.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Roy, that rule is 24" to edge and 6"- plenty of wood in that piece. It is a 20"x 2"= x 30" The quilt is 3" by 16' x 4 1/2' It is blonder on other side but dark goes almost through. Before I cut it-it was 9' long. I will have a bunch more at the end of the month. Up to 4" and 20 wide.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Roy, that rule is 24" to edge and 6"- plenty of wood in that piece. It is a 20"x 2"= x 30" The quilt is 3" by 16' x 4 1/2' It is blonder on other side but dark goes almost through. Before I cut it-it was 9' long. I will have a bunch more at the end of the month. Up to 4" and 20 wide.
Sounds good mike I'll Pm you

·
In History is the Future
6,423 Posts
Now just hold on there guy - why you holding out on us???

I want some thins (thick veneer) of THAT! 20" wide damn - I don't just want some, I need some.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Now just hold on there guy - why you holding out on us???

I want some thins (thick veneer) of THAT! 20" wide damn - I don't just want some, I need some.
Where have ya been- I have some in 1/4 1/2 and 1+ . The 1/4 and half are bookmatched. Here is a curly match. quilt match burl and some really crummy PM blanks!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mike do you have this one big enough

Attachments

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If not this will work for me

Attachments

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Mike do you have this one big enough
I hate to fess up buddy but I cut those from the same board. If you can wait till end of month I will have some at least that good but probably better. The light colored are 1/2 inch thick. I was just showing to Tom. Sorry.
I will picture what I have tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I hate to fess up buddy but I cut those from the same board. If you can wait till end of month I will have some at least that good but probably better. The light colored are 1/2 inch thick. I was just showing to Tom. Sorry.
I will picture what I have tomorrow.

No problem Mike let me know when you get it in :laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
618 Posts
what are the dimensions needed. I just sold a 3" x 5" x 5' piece that was beautiful, m Will 2"+ thick work. How about dark quilted Big leaf??? or curly hard maple??
You just reminded me that I need to make a trip over the mountains and spend a year's salary on the curly walnut you have.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
You just reminded me that I need to make a trip over the mountains and spend a year's salary on the curly walnut you have.
What do you need? years salary- I am cheap- now Goby- they have beautiful walnut but my heart skips a couple beats when I see the prices.
PS- I hide most of it but the BIG cat got some of this from me a while ago- I bet there are fingernail marks on it where the postman jerked out of my hands.......

Attachments

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Beautiful as always Mike an I don't remember seeing those pieces :furious::furious::furious::furious: hiding your stach again Mike :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Reactions: mike1950

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Beautiful as always Mike an I don't remember seeing those pieces :furious::furious::furious::furious: hiding your stach again Mike :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
I had to you were movin too many of them out of the desert and into Georgia............:furious::furious:

·
Registered
618 Posts
What do you need? years salary- I am cheap- now Goby- they have beautiful walnut but my heart skips a couple beats when I see the prices.
PS- I hide most of it but the BIG cat got some of this from me a while ago- I bet there are fingernail marks on it where the postman jerked out of my hands.......
Cheap is relative. I do have a coffee table build coming up that I was going to buy a whole mess of walnut for. Maybe enough to do a 30x38 top (add in waste, so 12 sq ft plus thickness)? I would take your entire inventory if my wife wouldn't check our bank statements after.

·
crosseyed & dyslexic
589 Posts
JMartel, sounds like you and I need to do a ride along together over them there hills and pay Mike a visit. :yes: Seeing wood like that gets me all crazy like.

What do you say Mike ! I'll bring cash and some homemade bacon :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts