Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and am excited about the depth of knowledge and experience here.

I built this beautiful drill press table for wood working. It doesn't have everything, but suits my needs perfectly. I used some leftover cherry and hard maple. Insert is paperstone... fence, t-tracks, nice copper stops on fence....
Anyhow, I hate to drill metal on it, and got tired of the remove and replace scenario. I came up with this and it works like a dream. Would love to hear some feedback from the pros on this site.
https://vimeo.com/89447986

Look forward to any feedback.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
revolution drill press table

Thanks ... right now I'm collecting some market feedback.

I do have a patent on it. You can see shopstormtools.com for more media.

I have it on my drill press and a bench, and it is extremely convenient. I love it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes .... the guide pin hole configurations can support various degrees.

There is also a "donut" that covers the guide pin allowing unlimited positions.

·
Registered
994 Posts
With all that weight I'm surprised the rack hasn't buckled. Come up with a better table lift strategy and you'll have a winning package.

4D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You hit the nail on the head ....

I have a motorized adapter that replaces the stock handle and drives the table up and down effortlessly. Ill have the photos and videos to share shortly.

Thanks for feedback!

·
Registered
994 Posts
The most common thing we have fail on drill presses is the rack. The cranks vary quite a bit depending on who made the tool. The rack invariably buckles either from a student not locking it, or not unlocking it when they try to crank the table up. Motorizing it is a start, but the rack itself need a serious overhaul. Weld it to the post, screw it to the post, or come up with an entirely different lift mechanism.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good points .... what type drill presses are you using?

Just wondering what the quality of the rack construction is ...also you mentioned "students" what is the application?

All good points. Thanks very much for commenting!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts