Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to remove the pin on all my c-clamps and put a knop or a handle on them. Any ideas on the best way to do this and what type of epoxy should I use thanks.


· Extraordinaire
84 Posts
McMaster Carr sells knobs in many sizes. (www.mcmaster.com). Just go to their site and take a look.

I would suggest buying a knob from Mcmaster that fits the end of the threaded rod. Remove the cross handle, and slide the knob over the end. Then either use the set screw to tighten the knob, or cross drill and pin it in place with a spring pin

Sample Knob. This one has a #10-32 screw to lock it in place.

Spring pin sample.

And you get this:


1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.