Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Woodworking Firefighter
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had our TV on an extra end table for quite some time and I finally decided to build a TV stand and give it to my wife for Mothers day. It's made out of Cherry and finished with 4 coats of tung oil and a couple coats of wax.

Attachments

·
Curmudgeon in Training
824 Posts
Very Nice - love the look of cherry! And, simple, clean lines are a good thing (I don't mean your project is simple - just my impression of the overall look, form, and function). I like it, Good Job:thumbsup:

·
Woodworking Firefighter
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Geo, I kinda just built the stand from my imagination and what I thought would look good with our electronics and other furniture.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Great job FF. I also agree with the lines being simple. Sometimes I think we add too many curves, and the such and loose the simplicity of what were building.

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
FF, nice work. You have some very good instincts for design, it seems.

PS: that's a lot of "welcome baby" books on that thing. When is the baby due?

·
Woodworking Firefighter
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He is supposed to be arriving Oct 1st. He's gonna be our third but people always give you books to read when you're expecting for some reason..

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Congrats firefighter. I just assumed from your other posts it was your first. Mighty nice crib for a third baby. Hopefully soon I'll have a reason to start a crib of my own, but for now I have a 12 year old and that's good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts