Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this took a while longer than I said. I had to order a new cable to use the work computer because my home computer won't do video from the camera.
This is just to show how I use the thompson detail gouge but hopefully it will answer some new turners questions on how to rub the bevel and get the tool to create the shapes you want. I hope to do more videos in the near future. I'm still learning (badly) to use the software. the camera part is easy it's the computer part I have trouble with. If you have an easy to use, and I mean really easy, editing software let me know.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My Boo Boo. I thought I clicked on the public button but there is a save button way at the bottom you also have to click on. Try again.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
success!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks John -- that's a very helpful video, covers so many interesting little bits that a newbie like me could take forever trying to figure out from book descriptions of the techniques.

I'm interested in how you ground away the heel of the bevel on your detail gouge -- any time you want :)laughing:) to make a video of how you sharpen your detail and bowl gouges please feel free ... :yes:

·
HALL OF FAMER
8,374 Posts
Nice video John. I like the commentary, and the sound and picture are crystal clear. The stopper looks great and there is a lot of information there for guys like me to learn from. Thanks a lot for taking the time to make and post it. Fantastic work!
Ken

1 - 14 of 14 Posts